It’s a health hazard you don’t need. Controlling your weight is all about you. About living your best life. Your health. Your energy. Your vitality.
Advanced Weight Loss Surgery
A specialist approach to further weight loss surgery. Find out what went wrong and how it can be corrected. You deserve a second chance. READ MORE
Frequently Asked Questions Page
How can I know if weight loss surgery is right for me?
Possible candidates include:
– BMI > 40
– BMI > 35 with associated weight related issue e.g. joint pain, high blood pressure, sleep apnoea, heart and kidney problems amongst others
– Certain other situations where the patient has a high BMI and other conservative measures have failed
Will losing weight with weight loss surgery help improve my overall health?
Successful weight loss surgery will improve ALL of the following:
- Heart disease
- Diabetes 2
- High blood pressure
- Risk of cancer e.g. breast and bowel cancer
- Arthritis and joint pain
- Impaired fertility
- Liver and kidney dysfunction
- Snoring and sleep apnoea
- Self esteem and overall well being
I couldn’t stick to a diet before surgery, so what difference will the surgery make?
Ongoing support for your new lifestyle offers you the best overall chance of success. It’s the reason that Dr Ma works with a support team of experts who are available to guide you.
What type of surgery will I have?
Some of the procedures Dr Ma offers include:
– Sleeve Gastrectomy
– Mini Bypass
– Roux-en-Y Bypass
– Endoscopic procedures
– Laparoscopic banding
What will the surgery cost?
- The surgical fee for Dr Ma and her assistant
- The anaesthetist’s fee
- The hospital fee, including medication
- Follow-up appointments with Dr Ma
- Physiotherapist and dietitian
A portion of each component is covered by Medicare/your private health fund, and you will be required to fund the gap. This will be explained in detail at your consultation, and you will be offered a Financial Consent Form that contains all the information you need.
What will happen at my first consultation?
What should I bring to my first visit?
– A referral letter from your GP or specialist.
– A complete list of your medications. Dr Ma will take a thorough medical history from you.
– Your medical insurance information, medicare card, pension card, DVA card as applicable.
What follow up care do you provide?
Dr Suzanne Ma
Dr Ma is an expert in weight loss surgery as part of an overall weight loss for life and health program.
Southport Central, Tower 1
Suite 1510, Level 5
56 Scarborough Street
SOUTHPORT QLD 4215
Email : [email protected]
Phone : 1300 985 677 (1300 WT LOSS)
Fax : 1300 985 678 (1300 WT LOST)
Home | About Dr Ma | Operations | For Doctors | Patient Info | FAQ | Contact
Phone : 1300 WT LOSS (1300 985 677) Fax : 1300 WT LOST (1300 985 678) Email : [email protected]
Address : Southport Central, Tower 1, Suite 1510, Level 5, 56 Scarborough Street, SOUTHPORT QLD 4215 AUSTRALIA
Telehealth powered by DOCTO