About Dr Ma
Dr Ma is a highly qualified surgeon with sub-specialty training in bariatrics, upper gastro-intestinal and hepatobilliary surgery.
She has a strong commitment to making a difference for life to her patients.
Dr Ma has trained extensively in NSW and Queensland hospitals, including at the St George Bariatric Centre of Excellence, currently Australia’s only centre of excellence for bariatric surgery. She completed fellowship training in bariatrics, with a focus on revisional and endoscopic weight loss surgeries. Dr Ma has attended fellowships overseas with world-renowned pioneering bariatric surgeons, including Dr Bruno Dillemanns in Belgium. She has been an invited speaker on her special interest of revisional bariatrics at national and international conferences. Revisional bariatric surgery has now become a very important niche area of weight loss surgery.
Dr Ma combines a compassionate approach towards patients with excellent technical and medical skills. She cares deeply about her patients’ outcomes. She embraces a holistic multi-disciplinary care approach, featuring close follow-up with herself, dieticians, exercise physiologists and psychologists. Dr Ma provides exceptional quality of care for each and every one of her patients.
Currently 80% of patients undergoing bariatric surgery are female, and as a woman, Dr Ma understands the extremely sensitive nature of the condition. She forms close, caring and trusting relationships with her patients.
- Weight loss and metabolic surgery (Sleeve Gastrectomy, Mini-Bypass, Roux en Y)
- Bypass, Revisional Bariatrics, Endoscopic Bariatrics
- Biliary surgery (cholecystectomy and bile duct exploration)
- Reflux Surgery (laparoscopic hiatus hernia repair)
- General surgery (laparoscopic hernia surgery, all acute presentations)
- Endoscopy (gastroscopy, dilatations, colonoscopy)
- All other general surgical conditions
Our bodies were not meant to carry excess weight, and when they do, things start to go wrong. In 2017, almost 2 out of every 3 adults in Australia were overweight or obese. It’s a proven fact that if you’re obese, you have a greater chance of developing serious health problems that have the potential to shorten your life:
- Heart disease
- Diabetes 2
- High blood pressure
- Various cancers, e.g., breast and bowel cancer
- Arthritis and joint pain
- Impaired fertility
- Liver and kidney dysfunction
- Snoring and sleep apnoea
Being obese can seriously limit your enjoyment of life.
- You can’t wear the clothes you want
- You can’t move freely
- You’re often tired and lethargic
- You may find it difficult to sleep
- It can even contribute to depression
Are you tired of feeling tired? Sick of being lethargic? Do you want the best chance of enjoying a long, healthy life? Find out whether weight loss surgery might be part of the answer for you.
Phone : 1300 WT LOSS (1300 985 677) Fax : 1300 WT LOST (1300 985 678) Email : [email protected]
Address : Southport Central, Tower 1, Suite 1510, Level 5, 56 Scarborough Street, SOUTHPORT QLD 4215 AUSTRALIA
Telehealth powered by DOCTO